Wednesday, October 8, 2008

He's on his way to FINLAND!

Today has been an emotional day to say the least. Isaac is finally on his way to Finland to go play professional basketball overseas. I am so proud of him and how hard he has worked for this. He played for a few years out of college overseas and did very well, but due to personal circumstances he did not play for a few years. So, at the ripe age of 30 he has made this year his comeback year and has been blessed with this opportunity to play again. It is bittersweet though, I think I've cried more tears today then I have in a LONG time. Tears of joy, of gratitude, and of sadness.

Maya just loves her daddy and the timing couldn't be worse for her to go around my house saying " dada" over and over again looking in EVERY room with a sad look on her face when she doesn't find her daddy. One of Isaac's favorite games to play with Maya is hide and seek so I think she expects to find him hiding and when she doesn't she comes running back to me saying "Dada" over and over again. I swear it's like she knows he is gone for awhile. We will miss him soo much and for that I am sad, but at the same time I am extremely happy and am grateful for this blessing in his life!

Christmas come quickly so we can see you again daddy!! We love you and will miss you babe!

Go get 'em!!!

8 comments:

guthriejen said...

How exciting for Issac! Hang in there, it'll go by quick! Cute pic!

Larsens said...

That picture is so precious! Love it. Congrats to Isaac. He will do great in Finland. Christmas is only 2 months away. I'm sad for you and Maya, though.

brittany said...

i hope the time goes by quickly! very sad that maya is looking for him though...

Wrights said...

I bet that's so hard to see her missing him. Delylah's a mama's girl, but daddy is a close second. She would be sad without him around all the time. Good luck with everything. Let me know if I can help!

Gibbons said...

Awww..Well I'm glad he is on the right track now and doing what he loves to do..I know you will miss him..We miss him being around here so much..Tell him he needs to be on his best behavior there;)..Christmas will be here before you know it and hopefully we will get to see you all..Take care!!!

Angela and Mike said...

that's a great shot of them together :) I hope everything goes well in Finland!

Tara Green said...

just think... it's just a short time til my baby is here and then you will be seeing him again at the same time. :)

ps. i tagged you. see my blog for more info.

guthriegang said...

hang in there sis!!! it will go fast! we'll keep you busy!! love ya!