Saturday, October 25, 2008

What do I do????

At first I thought it was just a one time thing, but now it is becoming a daily, seems like multiple times a day thing.....

So tell me, what do I do with my 21 month old adorable little girl who always wants to be NAKED???!!!!!

What started out as innocent "curiousity" with her body has now progressed into an obsession!!! She never wants to have clothes on, ever! And when she goes either #1 or #2 she is determined to take her diaper off and fight me to the death to put another one on. After the first few "oopsy's" of finding her naked, I have realized that she is very sneaky and determined about this! She knows I don't want her to do this so when she is good and ready she goes into her room to get naked in private. Going into her room has been a usual thing for her because she has a lot of toys in her room and she likes to play in there, but now her room has become her refuge of nakedness!!

It was just a couple days ago when I put her down for her nap and about 10 minutes later I could hear her banging something against the crib. It didn't sound like blankets, it had a more coarse sound to it. I immediatly panicked fearing what I would find, and so I rushed into her room.....

........and what do you think I found???

Yep, you got it. Not only was she naked, but there was POOP EVERYWHERE! All over her, her bed, her bumper, her crib, the blankets.....and the smell, oh my! I thought I was going to throw up. After putting her into the bath, opening all the windows, and washing everything twice on a HOT HOT cycle...I sat there thinking to myself, what do I do???

Seriously, I need help. As much as I'm laughing writing all of this, I really do need help. I tried to convince myself it was just a stage but it is not going away, it is just getting worse. I have been told by many, "oh she is just acting like a normal 2 year old." Really?

So in my attempts to handle this situation like a responsible mother, I decided that she would only wear sleepers for nap time and bedtime, zipped up from head to toe!! So far this has worked for sleeping after about 20 minutes of screaming herself to sleep because she can't undress herself, but how do I handle the daytime nakedness? No matter what time, no matter where....she is ALWAYS undressing herself. In the grocery cart, in the car, in nursery at church, at the park....I mean really...is this really just her being "almost 2"??

(sigh)

2 comments:

♥Shally said...

Here is what I think.

When you are at home... ignore her. Let her be naked. Don't make a big deal out of it.

I honestly think she will just get bored of it.

When you go out, show her all the people who have clothes on too!! YAY! :)

Let her pick her own clothes (no matter if they match or not) so that she feels some control.

Don't worry- she won't do it forever...

Good luck!

Lisa said...

I am laughing!! My little Hailey is just starting to want her clothes off.. and I totally don't get it!! She also.. took her diaper off the other day and pooed on my new carpet?!?! Maybe it is a girl thing?!?! Let me know when you find the answers ;-)