Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My dad....

It is now 10:45 pm and I'm emotionally drained and should be in bed already but I have a lot on my mind and a lot in my heart at this moment. My dad has been having chest pain for the past couple of months and it had been getting progressively worse over the last couple weeks. He wasn't paying it much attention until recently, and this morning while he was out for a jog it became so severe that he had to stop exercising. After he went to work anyway, came home to see our adopted sister Vieve off to the MTC (the girl Ali played soccer with and has been living with my parents), and going out to lunch, my mom and dad FINALLY went to the ER to get it checked out. After many tests and hours waiting, the doctors discovered that he had some blockage in a main left artery in his heart and they had to go in and place a stent. In what my mom relayed to us, the doctor said my dad averted a serious cardiac catastrophe within the next few weeks. Gratitude is the strongest feeling tonight. We are so grateful he got it checked out, so grateful that no more time had passed, and feeling very blessed and grateful for the miracles of modern medicine!!! This definitely shook me up, but so grateful for the prayers and love of great family and friends! LOVE YOU DAD, or as Maya would say- wuv you bampy!!!!!

3 comments:

♥Shally said...

WHEW!!!!

Renee said...

So sorry to hear about your dad! I am glad that things are looking up and pray for a speedy recovery and no more complications! Thanks for the update on the WEBSITE - I love how easy it is to communicate! You are in are prayers! P.S. It was fun to talk to Isaac on Sunday!

Tara Green said...

whoa. hows he feeling now?